Long Crendon School Uniform Policy
At Long Crendon School we strongly believe that school uniform helps to reinforce the children’s understanding of shared values. Our aim is to have a uniform which is both smart and practical and which encourages children to take pride in their school and their own appearance. All children are asked to wear the uniform and adhere to the dress code in order to eliminate competitive fashion crazes.
- Green waterproof coat with school logo (optional)
- Green V neck sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan with school logo
- White polo shirt (preferably with school logo)
- Grey trousers or shorts (tight, tapered jeans/chino style trousers are not acceptable), grey skirt or pinafore, green and white checked dress or green and
- white checked shorts playsuit (summer)
- White or grey socks, grey or green tights
- Formal sturdy black shoes
- Black, brown or white sandals (closed toe for Foundation Stage) – summer only
- Shoes and sandals should preferably be a secure fit and supportive of growing feet (no flip flop styles and socks must be worn)
- Foundation Stage may wear black jogging bottoms and trainers instead of formal school shoes.
- Green hijab
- Book bag with school logo
- Green round neck T shirt with school logo
- Black shorts
- Black jogging bottoms (for outdoor PE)
- Black hoodie with school logo or plain black hoodie/sweatshirt with no logo
Long hair must be tied back (plaits, pony tail, bunches, bun). Extreme hairstyles including patterns or tramlines cut into hair and non natural colours, are not permitted. Green, brown or black hair bands, ribbons or slides may be worn. Make up and nail polish are not permitted. No jewellery should be worn except medical alerts, a watch and a pair of plain stud earrings (one earring per ear which the child must be able to remove themselves for PE and swimming).
Purchase Uniform Online
Order Long Crendon School uniform from supplier Mapac.
There are two ways to purchase uniform, either via the online shop or by telephone on 01923 255525.
Online payment options – credit/debit card or you can choose the ‘offline payment’ which will secure your order to give you time to post a cheque.
To save on postage, if orders fall below the £50 carriage threshold, why not club together with friends to place a collective order. At best the carriage will be free, at worst you will be able to share the £3.95 postage.
Depending on the time of the year, our aim is that all orders are sent out within 10 days. During the summer it can take a little longer so to avoid any last minute panic, please allow us a little extra time to get your order to you.
If there is anything wrong with your order once it’s received, simply send it back to Mapac for a refund or exchange.
Great for the planet, great for your pocket!
We run a second-hand uniform sale in the School Dining Hall at the end of each half term, on the same day as the Cake Sale. Look out for dates of the next sale in the Friday newsletter.
All items are in good or excellent condition and many items cost just £1. All proceeds from uniform sales go to the PTA.
If you have uniform to donate, please give to your Class Rep.