Vision & Values
Long Crendon School: The place to grow
Long Crendon School is a calm, purposeful school.
Our children enjoy a wide range of opportunities and a broad education. We provide high quality academic lessons in the core subjects.
Our 8 core Values are the beating heart of our school and our children learn how to live by them: Unity, Courage, Resilience, Kindness , Enthusiasm, Honesty, Respect and Equality.
Through our Values based Education (VbE) Children learn to be ethically intelligent, learning to know themselves and nurture their own wellbeing.
Pupils feel that they are part of a wider school family, working in unity with their peers through group work and being involved in clubs, Houses and sports.
The children build a sense of responsibility for their behaviour and actions.
Our pupils are well prepared with the skills they will need for their next school. Their life at Long Crendon cultivates aspirations for a life that has meaning and purpose.
Our School Core Values
The Growth Mindset
Someone with a growth mindset:
- Believes that intelligence, gifts, talents & qualities can be cultivated through effort
- Has the belief that qualities can be developed which creates a passion for learning
- Is a risk taker; they recognise the value of challenging themselves and the importance of effort
- Has a realistic understanding of their strengths and weaknesses
- Acts upon and learns from constructive criticism
- Understands that success is about stretching & developing yourself to learn new things
- Believes they can develop know they learn from mistakes
- Takes satisfaction for own gains
- Understands that low effort is a risk as you may not learn something new
At Long Crendon we aim to promote the Growth Mindset in order for our learners to achieve their potential in all that they do.
So what can you do to help?
Have a look at our presentation about Growth Mindset, which tells you much more: Growth Mindset Parent Presentation Sept
What language should we try to use to enable our children to learn to the best of their ability and form the Growth Mindset? Have a look at the document about Growth Mindset Language.
What behaviours do you see in your child? Do they have a Growth or a Fixed Mindset? In order to help your child learn effectively we all need to understand the reason why they are displaying any particular behaviours. Have a look at this document to help you look out for the different Mindset behaviours.
Carol Dweck is the inspiration behind the Growth Mindset. Watch this 10 minute clip where she talks about the power of the word YET!
Have a look at this presentation from our open evening to see how we progressed with the Growth Mindset Parent Open Evening – March 2016